Saturday, May 15, 2010

"You say that I've been changing, and that I'm not just simply aging"

You know, I opened this blog ready to make a deep post about life, love, and loss.  I've rethought that.  I think, in this particular scenario, it's best to keep it simple.  

The fact is that time changes everything.  Including us.  We're constantly learning, adapting, attempting to make ourselves better.  Along this path we may fall down a rabbit hole and find ourselves in a series of situations where we have no idea what to do.  So we change.  A lot of times we turn ourselves into what others want us to be.  You think Alice would have made it out of Wonderland if she gave in to the Queen of Hearts?  No, she wouldn't have.  She was true to herself and her values.  We need to be the exact same way.  I guess what I'm really trying to say is that it is only natural for us to change throughout life.  I don't blame people for changing.  We all want to experiment with our image.  It's just so important that when we do change, that be we be careful not to hurt the ones that still love us.  If you want to become someone new, don't do it by hurting your friends.  Don't do it by being selfish.  As long as you think about the effect of your actions, everything will turn out just fine.  

1 comment:

  1. "As long as you think about the effect of your actions, everything will turn out just fine."

    So true. I wish everyone thought like this. Somehow, I think the world would be a better place if they did.

    ReplyDelete